Welcome to the new home for the Libraries.Today grant. If you registered for the forums before, your email has been imported and will work to access the replay content on this site, but links from the old website will no longer work.
the Genesee Valley BOCES School Library System Presents
National Leadership Grant
Advocacy Tool for School Librarians
Made possible in part through support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services
View Forum Video Replays
Access the full catalog of forum videos, free for both personal viewing or use in a professional development setting.
Welcome Message from The Librarian of Congress, Dr. Carla Hayden
National Advisory Panel
- Dr. Jen Cannell, Director of the Southern Westchester BOCES (NY) School Library System
- Kathy Carroll, Lead Library Media Specialist, Richland 2 (SC) Schools
- Priscille Dando, Coordinator of Library Information Services, Fairfax County (VA) Public Schools
- Erin Hollingsworth, District Librarian, North Slope Borough (AK) School District
- Melissa Jacobs, Director of the New York City School Library System
- Amanda Kordeliski, Director of Libraries for Norman (OK) Public Schools
- Julie Miller, Librarian, Clay County (FL) Schools
- Craig Seasholes, Elementary Librarian (Retired), Seattle (WA) Public Schools
- Alicia Thompson, Director of Instructional Technology, Buffalo (NY) Public Schools
- Dr. Tara Zimmerman, Asst. Professor, Texas Woman’s University School of Library and Information Studies
- Dr. Christopher Harris, Project Director, Genesee Valley BOCES (NY) School Library System
- Julie Hengenius, Genesee Valley BOCES (NY) School Library System
- Emilee Williamson, Genesee Valley BOCES (NY) School Library System
- Reports by John Chrastka, EveryLibrary Institute
- Evaluation by Dr. Patrick Whipple, Genesee Valley (NY) BOCES
The School Library System of the Genesee Valley BOCES, established by Commissioner’s Regulations in 1985, is a state-funded program dedicated to improving the libraries of our Western New York region’s 22, small, rural districts and non-public schools. Our programs have been recognized nationally as exemplars of the next generation of library services. Genesee Valley BOCES was honored to receive this IMLS National Leadership Grant for Libraries.
The Institute of Museum and Library Services is the primary source of federal support for the nation’s libraries and museums. We advance, support, and empower America’s museums, libraries, and related organizations through grantmaking, research, and policy development. Our vision is a nation where museums and libraries work together to transform the lives of individuals and communities. To learn more, visit www.imls.gov and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.